Hedley House

This Edwardian cottage was built between 1910-1912 for William & Margaret Millward, in the center of two sections at 24&26 Porter Crescent.

Donated to the society by Jack & Nancy Hedley who planned to build a new home on the site. The building was moved down the hill to the museums’ Porter Crescent site in 1969 and was officially opened by Peter Wilkinson, MP for Rodney on 11 December 1970.
The Building moved again in 2003 to the River Reserve when the museum was re-sited & re-established. After refurbishment and re-roofing, it reopened on February 2006 as a model Edwardian cottage.